Degree Programmes :
As an Autonomous College, Andhra Loyola College has adopted the Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS) for the degree courses. As the name suggests, the students have adequate choice with regard to academic programmes, and the instructional methods include conventional lectures, IT-based sessions, classroom interactions, guest lectures, seminars, symposia, and field study. The College has adopted the semester system. The academic year consists of two semesters, each with 90 working days. The odd semesters (I, III & V) are from July to November, and the even semesters (II. IV & VI) are from December to April.
Project work is compulsory for all the final-year degree students in order to expose them to the fascinating world of research and also to develop in them a problem-solving approach.
Adequate importance is given to extra-curricular activities like sports and games, cultural events, and literary occasions with competitions of different kinds.
The College follows a system of evaluation based on Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) and Semester-End Examination (SEE). The 100 marks allotted for each theory paper in a semester are distributed with equal weightage (50:50) between CIA and SEE.
The following are the Courses offered in the Degree College.
DEGREE COURSES (BOYS & GIRLS)
1. Mathematics, Statistics & Physics
2. Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
3. Botany, Zoology & Chemistry
4. Computer Sc, Physics & Mathematics
5. Mathematics, Statistics & Computer Science
6. Mathematics, Electronics & Computer Science
7. Biotechnology, Chemistry & Microbiology
8. Visual Communications & Electronic Media
9. Food Technology, Microbiology, Chemistry
10. Electronics Technology
11. Computer Science Engineering
12. Maths, Physics & Renewable Energy
13. Maths, Chemistry & Renewable Energy
14. Bio-chemistry, Biotechnology & Chemistry
15. Cloud Computing and Information Security
16. Animation with VFX Effects
17. Economics, Politics & History
18. Economics, Telugu Literature. & History
19. English Literature, Politics & History
20. Mathematics, Statistics & Economics
21. Music/Dance(Classical), Animation Design & Sound
22. B.Com General 23. B.Com Computers
24. B.Com Professional 25. B.B.A: Bachelor of Business Admin
26. B.Voc : Renewable Energy Management
27. B.Voc : Paramedical & Health Administration
Intermediate Programmes :
The academic calendar and programmes followed in the college are as prescribed by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh. However, there are also some special activities such as cultural festivals that help students grow multi-dimensionally.
A) Courses offered in Intermediate Section
(All courses are Co-Educational and recognized by the Board of Intermediate Education, A.P)
• Maths, Physics, Chemistry (MPC)-English Medium
• Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry (BiPC)-English Medium
• Civics, Economics, Commerce (CEC)-English Medium
• Maths, Economics, Commerce (MEC)-English Medium
• History, Economics, Civics (HEC)-Telugu Medium
B) Special Features
NCC is offered for all the interested students.
Bridge Course in English for the 1st year students.
Tuition and Remedial classes for weak students.
Value Education, counseling, Motivation Classes and Workshop, Literary and cultural events, Sports and Games for the all round development of the students.
Digital Library facility.
EAMCET coaching offered for interested students of MPC group.
CPT coaching offered for interested students of MEC & CEC groups.
Hostel facility available for both boys and girls separately.
Formation of Value based intellectual society is our trust.
C) Admission process for 1st year Intermediate
Applications will be issued in the office of Intermediate Block immediately after the SSC results are announced.
You have to pay .100/- for an application.
After taking the application form, fill it with all the required details and submit in the office enclosing the internet copy of SSC marks sheet and Xerox copy of your 10th class Hall ticket.
After receiving your filled in application, if we are satisfied with the marks within one or two days you will get a phone call to attend an interview for the group you asked for.
You need to prepare and come for the interview in concerning subjects of the group you prefer from SSC syllabus only.
If you are selected then your admission will be confirmed provided you pay the full admission fee immediately.
Application form is also uploaded in the website. You can download it and follow the same process said above. If you are sending the downloaded Application form by post, then attach a Demand Draft (D.D) for Rs.100/- drawn in favour of “Principal, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada’’.
The filled in application, duly attached with Photographs and Xerox copies along with D.D should be sent by registered post / speed post/ courier to Fr.Vice Principal, Intermediate Section, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada- 520 008, A.P, so as reach his office within 15 days from the publication of S.S.C results.
For further details contact: (0866)-2476965.
Being an affiliated college of Krishna University, admissions take place on the basis of the ranks obtained in KRU-CET for M.Sc.Courses and the ranks obtained in I-CET for MBA & MCA Courses.
P.G.Courses offered by Andhra Loyola College are:
1) M.Sc. Mathematics
2) M.Sc. Physics
3) M.Sc. Chemistry
4) M.Sc. Botany
5) M.Sc. Bio-technology
6) M.Sc. Visual Communication
7) Master of Computer Applications -MCA
8) Master of Business Administration -MBA
- The academic year consists of two semesters with a system of evaluation based on Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) and Semester-End Examination (SEE) i.e. internal exams and external exams in a 30:70 ratio as per University norms. Project work is compulsory for all final year students except for M.Sc. Physics.
- Spacious campus with an extra-ordinary history of 60 years of existence
- in the field of higher education.
- Excellent faculty, state-of-the art lab, library and other facilities.
- Provision to do certificate/diploma courses along with your regular course.
- Special coaching classes/activities to improve your career prospects.
- Disciplined and friendly campus culture and separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- Special training to improve your communication skills and JKC training
- certificate course to interested students.
- Excellent record of placements.
- Cultural festivals, interesting co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
For Details : email@example.com
Research Programmes :
The College has 16 research guides from Telugu, Hindi, English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, History, Botany and Political Science Departments who are recognized as Research Supervisors by Acharya Nagarjuna University and various other universities such as JNTU. Research scholars may enrol through the respective universities and pursue their research in the college.
After Independence, the demand for higher education greatly increased, and many young men of Vijayawada and the surrounding towns
To impart higher education with integral formation which involves academic excellence, spiritual growth, social commitment and value
I have great pleasure in welcoming you to this premier Jesuit college which, throughout its 58-year history, has unfailingly remained one